The City of Decatur, Alabama
Pro17 Engineering, through our marketing website for Land Surveying in the Florence, AL area is now offering our surveying services in Decatur, Alabama and Morgan County, Alabama. We are a local land surveying company, located in Florence, Alabama. We are a full service civil engineering and land surveying firm. Our Alabama licensed civil engineer and land surveyor is J. Keith Maxwell.
Land Surveyors are professionals who make precise measurements to determine the size and boundaries of a piece of real estate. While this is a simplistic definition, boundary surveying is one of the most common types of surveying related to home and land owners.
The FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps are currently being updated for Morgan County and the Decatur Alabama area. If you are affected by this, or if you want to make sure, give us a call at the above number. Click for more information about getting a Flood Survey or Elevation Certificate.
“Nearly 3,000 property owners in unincorporated Morgan County have been notified their property will either be added to, removed from or remain in a flood zone in an update of federal flood zone maps.” – Greg Bodley, Co. Engineer
Land Surveying Services in Decatur, AL:
- I need to know where my property corners or property lines are. (Boundary Survey)
- I have a loan closing or re-finance coming up on my home in a subdivision. (Lot Survey)
- I need a map of my property with contour lines to show elevation differences for my architect or engineer. (Topo Survey)
- I’ve just been told I’m in a flood zone or I’ve been told I need an Elevation Certificate in order to obtain flood insurance or prove I don’t need it.
- I’m purchasing a lot/house in a recorded subdivision. (Lot Survey – See Boundary Survey)
- I’m purchasing a larger tract of land, acreage, that hasn’t been subdivided in the past. (Boundary Survey)
Contact a Land Surveyor in Decatur, Alabama TODAY at (256) 633-5588.
- Office of the Mayor – Tab Bowling, Mayor – 256-341-4502
- City Council – Council Districts Map
- Economic & Community Development Director – Wally Terry, Director – 256-341-4505
DEPARTMENTS & DIVISIONS
- Building Department – 256-341-4570
- Engineering Department – GIS Maps – Carl Prewitt, Civil Engineer – 256-341-4878
- Fire & Rescue Department – Anthony Grande, Fire Chief – 256-341-4871
- Historic Preservation Commission – David Breland, Program Coordinator – 256-341-4818
- Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) – Dewayne Hellums, Dir. of Transportation Planning – 256-341-4716
- Planning Department – GIS Maps – Karen Smith, Planner – 256-341-4720
- Planning & Land Development Links
- Police Department – Nate Allen, Police Chief – 256-341-4600
- Street & Environmental Services Department – Ricky Terry, Director – 256-341-4990
- Landfill – 256-341-4990
- Recycling – Emily Johnson, Manager – 256-341-4770
- Solid Waste – 256-341-4740
- Street – 256-341-4740
- Utility Services – 256-552-1400